5 Day African Jungle Tour
On this African Jungle Tour, spend some time in the heart of the African jungle. Discover the mysteries of the tropical rainforest of Kibale National, track the elusive chimpanzee troop and meet some of the rarest forest inhabitants on the African continent and explore the Crater Lakes region and the Hotsprings.
- This tour starts and ends in Entebbe,
- You’ll be visiting Entebbe, Kibale National Park.
- All inclusive African safari including accommodation, meals, transfers and entry fees
- Additional accommodation before and at the end of the tour can be arranged for an extra cost
- Ground transportation in a safari customized 4WD with gasoline/fuel,
- Mineral water in the vehicle,
- Services of an English speaking Driver/guide,
- Accommodation as shown at the lodges mentioned in the itinerary,
- Meals as shown (B-breakfast, L-lunch, D-dinner),
- All Park Entrance Fees and all permits
- International Airfares; Excess baggage charges;
- Ugandan Entry Visa Fees
- International travel Vaccinations and Inoculations;
- Items of personal nature such us Room service,
- Beverages, Communications charges (telephone, fax, internet), Laundry, etc.;
- Postage fees, Porterage fees, Tips and Gratuities for your Driver/guide and Hotels staff,
- Shopping charges for Curios and Crafts,
- International Airport Departure Taxes,
- Optional activities unless specified as included,
- Any other services not expressly shown in the itinerary or indicated as included.
Day 1: Kampala – Kibale Forest National Park (7 hrs drive)
Pick up from Kampala by your private African Jungle Tour driver and head west to Fort Portal. On your way look out for black-and-white colobus monkeys as many of these primates are hiding in trees along the road. Fort Portal rests in the shadow of the fabled Mountains of the Moon and famous for the many tea plantations.
Dinner and overnight at Turaco Treetops . (L-D)
Day 2: Kibale Forest & Bigodi Village
This African Jungle Tour day, the forest opens its doors for a sensational chimp tracking. Kibale Forest is reputable for having the greatest variety and the highest concentration of primates in East Africa. Enjoy a guided nature walk in the tropical rainforest in search of the wild chimpanzee, red-tailed monkey, black-and-white.
After lunch, we transfer to Bigodi for another guided nature walk. Accompanied by a guide who can tell you everything about the traditional customs and lifestyle of the inhabitants, you will follow the village path and visit a primary school, Catholic Church, traditional homesteads, learn about the crops and listen to the storytelling of a Mzee (elderly man). Both activities are an initiative of the inhabitants of Bigodi Village and the revenues are shared by the local community.
Dinner and overnight at Turaco Treetops B-L-D
Day 3: Exploration of the Crater Lakes
After breakfast, enjoy the majestic Rwenzori Mountains in their full glory on a guided walk in the foothills of the ‘Mountains of the Moon’. Get a glimpse into local village life and meet some of the locals and visit a waterfall. After lunch, head to explore the region of the crater lakes. Enjoy the beauty of the numerous small lakes, surrounded by gentle hills, and the stunning views.
Take a African Jungle Tour hike at Lake Nkuruba to encounter different species of primates and birds, and visit the Mahoma Falls. Meet the local people as you walk through their villages, learn about the customs of the Batoro tribe and enjoy the panoramic views.
Dinner and Overnight at TuracoTreetops B-L-D
Day 4: Kibale National Park – Semliki National Park
After a African Jungle Tour breakfast, proceed to Semliki National park. This park also holds a good number of attractions including the famous hot springs, plenty of wildlife such as the Uganda kobs, warthogs, waterbucks and a number of primates including the chimps, L’ hoests, black and white columbus monkeys and so on. After lunch, head to the most popular attraction, the cluster of hot springs -8 km trail along the Sempaya Hot Springs both male 1-hour trail and female 30 mins trail surrounded by forest and palm trees.
Dinner and Overnight at Mountains of the Moon Hotel B-L-D
Day 5: Fortportal – Kampala (7 hrs drive)
After breakfast, head back to Kampala with lunch en-route arriving in the early evening for a drop off at any accommodation place of your choice or at the airport for your onward flight back home.
End of the 5 days African Jungle Tour
Custom Made African Safaris to Uganda
We tailor every African safari to Uganda to fit you safari trip expectations and budget. From the safari conception stage through the planning and budgeting, we walk with with and make sure that expectations of an African Safari are met. Browse through some of our travelers’ popular choices bellow to get started.
Or Contact our safari experts right away…