3 Days Queen Elizabeth National Park Wildlife Safari
The 3 Days Queen Elizabeth Wildlife Safari is an amazing wildlife tour to the wide savannah plains of Africa’s most visited game park, Queen Elizabeth National Park. Go game driving off-the-beaten-track and encounter some of Africa big 5 wildlife safari game, track the tree climbing lions of Ishasha and experience the unforgettable boat launch on the famous Kazinga Channel.
|Day||Routes/activities||Accommodation||Covered Meal Plan|
|Day 1||Kampala-Queen Elizabeth NP; stop over at the Equator||Different options listed||L, D|
|Day 2||Game drive & Boat Launch||Different options listed||B, L, D|
|Day 3||Queen Elizabeth NP back to Kampala||B, L|
Queen Elizabeth National Park is Uganda’s most popular, accessible and most scenic park. Primarily associated with open savannah it is has the largest recorded mammal species in comparison to other parks in the country. The safari park stretches to the west by the remote Ishasha River and along the shores of Lake Edward, to the north by Kasese and the crater- dotted foothills of the Rwenzori to the east by Lake George, the Kyambura Gorge and to the south the Kigezi Wildlife Reserve.
DAY 1: Kampala to Queen Elizabeth National Park (485km/6-7hrs) (L, D)
We set out on the 3 Days Queen Elizabeth Wildlife Safari right after breakfast. We shall depart from Entebbe for Uganda’s most popular safari park. You will have lunch en-route at a local restaurant and will also be able to stop at the equator for pictures or gift shopping.
After checking into your Lodge the rest of the afternoon can be spent relaxing and enjoying the lovely views offered by the Lodge.
DAY 2: Queen Elizabeth National Park (B, L D)
After breakfast we continue our wildlife safari with a morning game drive and head to the mating ground of the Uganda Kobs. We shall search for lions, elephants, buffaloes and other wild animals in their natural habitat before returning for dinner.
After lunch at your Lodge, we take on a scenic boat cruise along the Kazinga Channel, a natural and pre-historic canal that joins Lakes Edward and George. 33 kilometres long and 2 to 3 kms at its widest points, the Kazinga channel, formed by tectonic activity millions of years ago during the formation of the rift valleys. On a scheduled 2 hrs boat ride over a 12 to 14 kms stretch of the channel, guests are almost always guaranteed excellent wildlife safari sightings including, multitudes of hippopotamus (possibly the world’s highest concentration), Nile crocodiles, wallowing buffaloes on its reedy banks, elephants, multitudes of birds including many endemics as well as hundreds of other plains game that come to it for water all day long.
DAY 3: Queen Elizabeth National Park (485km/6-7hrs)
After a leisurely breakfast, we shall bid farewell to Queen Elizabeth National Park at about 09:00am to drive back to Kampala. You will stop for lunch at the Igongo Cultural centre where you can also indulge in a quick tour of the Cultural Museum of South-Western Uganda.
On arrival in Entebbe, you will be dropped off at your hotel. (B)
END OF THE EXCITING WILDLIFE SAFARI
3 Days Queen Elizabeth Wildlife Safari Accommodation
Mweya Safari Lodge has a prime location with views over the Kazinga Channel. The lodge is located on a peninsula within the spectacular national park. Mweya has a total of 46 rooms, 4 cottages and 4 tents of different categories. All rooms have balconies, overlooking the Kazinga Channel and Lake Edward, private bathrooms and electricity. The remarkable view that can be enjoyed from all over the lodge allows guest to watch wild animals as they make their way to the channel waters. Other features include a beautiful swimming pool, a poolside bar, safari bar, souvenir shop and restaurant serving global cuisine.
Queen Elizabeth Bush Lodge is located in the heart of Queen Elizabeth National Park. With the small scale set up and unique setting at the Kazinga Channel, where animals room in and out the camp, it forms an excellent base for your safari. The lodge consists of 6 self-contained units which are spaciously placed between the indigenous bush. Each room has its own private en-suite bathroom with an eco toilet and an outside shower, where two showerheads allow couples to take their starlit shower together.
Simba Safari Camp: Affordable safari accommodation just on the border of Queen Elizabeth National Park and only 2 km from the equator. It is located on a hill with spectacular views on Lake George, the Kazinga Channel and the wide savannah plains. The camp features 11 en suite rooms with private veranda, four dormitory rooms and a well-stocked restaurant.
- Ground transportation in a safari customized 4WD with gasoline/fuel,
- Mineral water in the vehicle,
- Services of an English speaking Driver/guide,
- Accommodation as shown at the lodges mentioned in the itinerary,
- Meals as shown (B-breakfast, L-lunch, D-dinner),
- All Park Entrance Fees,
- Boat rides and Launch cruises fees where applicable,
- International Airfares; Excess baggage charges;
- Ugandan Entry Visa Fees
- International travel Vaccinations and Inoculations;
- Items of personal nature such us Room service,
- Beverages, Communications charges (telephone, fax, internet), Laundry, etc.;
- Postage fees, Porterage fees, Tips and Gratuities for your Driver/guide and Hotels staff,
- Shopping charges for Curios and Crafts,
- International Airport Departure Taxes,
- Optional activities unless specified as included,
- Any other services not expressly shown in the itinerary or indicated as included.
|BUDGET||Per person based on twin sharing||USD 890|
|MID-RANGE||Per person based on twin sharing||USD 930|
|LUXURY||Per person based on twin sharing||USD 1110|
Other Tailored Safari Packages
- 5 Day Fly-in Uganda Gorilla Trekking Tour
- 6 Days Wildlife and Primate Tour
- 7 Days Experience Uganda Culture Tour
- 12 Days Gorilla Trekking & Wildlife Tour
- 15 Days Luxury Wildlife, chimpanzees & Gorillas Tour
- 3 Days Rwanda Gorillas in the Mist
- 5 Days Rwanda Primates Tour
- 7 Days Gorilla Trekking & Chimps Tour
- 9 Days Rwanda Primates & Wildlife Adventure
- 13 Days Experience Rwanda’s Wild
- 15 Days Best of Rwanda Tour
- 3 Days Masai Mara Wildlife Paradise
- 3 Days Kenya Wildlife Weekend Safari
- 4 Days Lake Nakuru & Masai Mara Safari
- 5 Days Amboseli & Tsavo Wildlife Safari
- 7 Days Kenya Classic Wildlife Safari
- 8 Days Kenya Great Rift Valley Safari Tour