7 Days Uganda Cultural Tour Experience
On the 7 Day Uganda Culture Tour Experience you adventure to Ankole, western Uganda on the edge of Ntungamo District and tour the Nshenyi People and their culture. One hour road drive from Mbarara town through large green tracts of banana plantations, commercial crops, Ankole cattle farms and terrain characterised by endless rolling hills will takes us to the infamous Nshenyi people. The prominent village is where the eminent long-horned Ankole are reared by thousands and you get to mingle with the the people and their cattle or even squeeze a cup of fresh mild from one of the cows.
At the height of the Uganda cultural tour, you get to enjoy stage performances showcasing Uganda’s cultural heritage at the national theatre. Those last hours are a deal breaker that you shouldn’t miss.
From the Nshenyi farms the Uganda cultural tour continues through awesome views of the magnificent sunsets and backdrops of the virunga mountains. The well-known Kagera River meanders at an estimated distance of only 5 miles, forming the natural border between Uganda-Tanzania and Rwanda-Tanzania. This remote source of the Nile originates in the highlands of Burundi and flows its way up north, before ending into Lake Victoria.
Nshenyi village lies right in the Center of Uganda’s rich Cattle Corridor and is often nick named as “the beacon of light”; the pacing setting example of what others emulate. Although not necessarily an original cliché of the area but often said, is that when Nshenyi village sneezes the rest of the animal corridor catches the cold.
DAY 1: Arrival in Entebbe
Upon arrival at Entebbe airport, you will be picked up by a company representative and transferred to Karibu Guest House (D)
DAY 2: Kampala to Nshenyi Village 344kms/ 6hrs
08:00 hotel pick up and transfer To Nshenyi with a stopover at the equator and lunch en-route. This part of the Uganda cultural tour is scenic road trip that would want to borrow your attention through the beautiful Uganda countryside, displaying rich vegetation, landscaped, mountain backdrops and beautiful groups of people along the highway. Do not go to sleep. Nshenyi Village Farm Guest House (FB)
DAY 3: Nature walk and Milking Cows
Breakfast and then participate Milking Cows and Visit the Border with Rwanda. Have lunch and then later in the evening the Uganda cultural tour Traditional dance group will entertain you. Dinner and Overnight at Nshenyi Village Farm Guest House (FB)
DAY 4: Ghee Making and Watering Cattle
Breakfast and then participate in Traditional Ghee making, and then later at mid-day head for a 45 minute walk to the watering area of the cattle. Return for lunch and then visit a local market. Dinner and Overnight at Nshenyi Village Farm Guest House (FB)
DAY 5: Nshenyi Village to Lake Mburo National Park – Masaka 315 kms / 4 hrs
After breakfast, head to Lake Mburo National Park arriving in time for lunch. Here the Uganda cultural tour takes a break from culture to a little excitement with aa short Uganda wildlife safari. Lake Mburo safari park is located along the highway which makes it so easy to get in the mood of seeing the wild. After lunch have a boat cruise on the lake, look out for crocodiles and enjoy the rich bird life before heading to Masaka arriving in the evening. Overnight at Hotel Brovad (FB)
DAY 6: Masaka – Entebbe 135kms / 2hrs
Early breakfast and then transfer back to Kampala with lunch en-route at a local restaurant, you will proceed to National Theatre before heading to your accommodation. Dinner and Overnight at Karibu Guest House (FB)
DAY 7: Departure
Breakfast and then depending on your flight back you, you may visit the Uganda Wildlife Education Centre, to learn more about Uganda’s flora and fauna then depart for the airport
END OF THE UGANDA CULTURAL TOUR
Uganda Cultural Experience
Uganda Culture has a very strong heritage. Many regions in Uganda have kingdoms including Buganda, Busoga, Bunyoro and Toro. Ugandans are remarkably hospitable and hail from a diversity of rich cultures and life styles Each tribe has it’s own traditional dance ; The banyankole (Ankole) perform their Kitagururo dance, the Banyoro have their Runyege , Acholi have the Bwora and Otole dances . The Alur people from the West Nile have the traditional Agwal dance ,Bagisu have the Imbalu dance during circumcision ceremonies.
Uganda cultures and traditions are also expressed through a wide range of arts and Crafts made from wood ,Papyrus reeds and local materials . These include black smithimplements ,beaded Jewellery, wood carvings and batiks.They can be found all over the city in village bazaars, gift shops,hotels , Urban galleries and the National Theatre Craft Market. While on your Uganda travel or safari, consider taking on a cultural tour to the known destinations.
- Ground transportation in a safari customized 4WD Toyota Land Cruiser with gasoline/fuel
- Mineral water in the vehicle,
- Services of an English speaking Driver/guide,
- Accommodation as shown at the lodges mentioned in the itinerary,
- Meals as shown (B-breakfast, L-lunch, D-dinner),
- All Park Entrance Fees,
- Ferry or boat crossing fees where applicable.
- International Airfares; Excess baggage charges;
- Ugandan Entry Visa Fees
- International travel Vaccinations and Inoculations;
- Items of personal nature such us Room service,
- Beverages, Communications charges (telephone, fax, internet), Laundry, etc.;
- Postage fees, Porterage fees, Tips and Gratuities for your Driver/guide and Hotels staff,
- Shopping charges for Curios and Crafts,
- International Airport Departure Taxes,
- Optional activities unless specified as included,
- Any other services not expressly shown in the itinerary or indicated as included.
Other Tailored Safari Packages
- 3 Days Queen Elizabeth National Park
- 5 Day Fly-in Uganda Gorilla Trekking Tour
- 6 Days Wildlife and Primate Tour
- 12 Days Gorilla Trekking & Wildlife Tour
- 15 Days Luxury Wildlife, chimpanzees & Gorillas Tour
- 3 Days Rwanda Gorillas in the Mist
- 5 Days Rwanda Primates Tour
- 7 Days Gorilla Trekking & Chimps Tour
- 9 Days Rwanda Primates & Wildlife Adventure
- 13 Days Experience Rwanda’s Wild
- 15 Days Best of Rwanda Tour
- 3 Days Masai Mara Wildlife Paradise
- 3 Days Kenya Wildlife Weekend Safari
- 4 Days Lake Nakuru & Masai Mara Safari
- 5 Days Amboseli & Tsavo Wildlife Safari
- 7 Days Kenya Classic Wildlife Safari
- 8 Days Kenya Great Rift Valley Safari Tour